House Policies - Updated for 2013
While The Freeman Stage at Bayside may be a casual, open air facility, we expect our guests to follow certain policies and rules of etiquette:
• BYOC: Please Bring Your Own Chairs to all performances at The Freeman Stage at Bayside unless specified otherwise.
• CARRY-INS: For all performances other than Special Concert Events, small collapsible coolers that fit under your lawn chair are permitted. Factory-sealed, plastic bottles of water or soft drinks that are 20 ounces or less in size are permitted as well as food contained in a clear plastic bag. Bottles, cans, hard-sided coolers, thermoses, ice chests, or open containers are prohibited. All bags, purses and collapsible coolers are subject to search. Those who refuse to have their bags inspected will be denied entry into The Freeman Stage. All guests consent to such inspections and waive any and all related claims against The Freeman Stage at Bayside and the Joshua M. Freeman Foundation.
•SPECIAL CONCERT EVENTS: No carry-ins are permitted for Special Concert Event performances. No re-entry to the venue will be permitted during these Special Concert Events.
• ALCOHOL: Bringing alcohol onto the grounds of The Freeman Stage at Bayside is prohibited. Alcoholic beverages are available for purchase at the Stage Café and must be consumed on the premises.
• SAFETY: For your safety, weapons or anything that can be used as a projectile or is deemed dangerous by The Freeman Stage at Bayside management, are prohibited and will be confiscated and turned over to the Delaware State Police.
• SMOKING: The Freeman Stage at Bayside is a smoke free venue. Smoking is prohibited on the grounds, as well as in the restrooms.
• PETS: Pets are not permitted on the grounds of The Freeman Stage at Bayside at any time with the exception of service dogs assisting those patrons with disabilities.
• STROLLERS & BLANKETS: Strollers and blankets are prohibited at Spotlight Performances & Special Concert Events.
• TALKING: Please be respectful of your neighbors and keep any talking to a minimum, unless encouraged by the performer. As well, please turn off all electronic devices or turn on mute. If you must take or make a call, please exit the premises beforehand.
• CAMERAS: The use of recording equipment and cameras (with or without flash) during performances is prohibited except by authorized press and personnel.
• CHILDREN: Children 18 and under are admitted free to The Freeman Stage at Bayside for Community and Legacy Performances. Tickets are required for everyone for Spotlight and Special Concert Events.
• OTHER: The following items are prohibited at The Freeman Stage at Bayside: balls of any kind or size, Frisbees, laser pointers, umbrellas of any size, banners, signs or flags of any size.
Your attendance at events presented by The Freeman Stage at Bayside may be digitally recorded through photographs or video recordings. The Freeman Stage at Bayside may use photos of patrons in its publications, display spaces, and marketing efforts to promote the impact of the arts on our local community. These images may be posted on our website, in local publications, or ultimately on the internet. If you do not wish your image to be published, please notify a member of our staff before or immediately after the event.